Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost to install a new gas dryer (old one broke)

Lets see, you didn't ask for a price upfront. The work is done now.

I'd make a stink, but don't expect much sympathy. I've got a couple
friends who live in that area. For four bills, I coulda drove down
from NY State and stayed overnight with friends. Done your dryer, and
then had time to go to the temple and attend a session, and come home.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My wife had a plumber come out to hook up a new gas dryer. We have an
old one that broke, so all the lines are in place, it is just a matter
of disconnecting the old one and connnecting the new. No extras, like
hauling away the old dryer. The cost blew me away:

Disconnect dryer: $164.24
Install gas dryer: $282.25
Total: $446.49

This seems absoutely insane to me. I would've done it myself, but
unlike water or electricity, gas scares me. Is this anywhere close to
reasonable, or should I make a stink?

We live in suburban Washington DC, Bethesda MD to be exact, if
locality
matters for this sort of thing.

Thanks,

Mike.