Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Buying Wood

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:20:36 -0500, "triker3" wrote:

Has anyone gotten their wood blanks from e-bay sellers and if so are these
reliable sources or just people selling scraps

I bought a couple of blanks from a guy named Rob, in Canada... should be pretty
easy to search ebay for..

His wood was as listed, his shipping was what I considered normal and his
service was exceptional..

I was fairly new to green wood and one of the blanks had a small crack in it..
As we were emailing back and forth talking about how to turn green, I asked him
how to glue the crack or whatever..

He sent me another blank, at his expense, without me asking for it... I was very
impressed..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis