Posted to rec.woodworking
sailor sailor is offline

Default drill press workaround?

wrote:
have a 4x4 post that i want to drill a straight hole into the top of,
however the post is longer than the drill press is tall. The base of
the drill stand is what gets in the way if I put the press on a bench
or something. Anyone have a good work around to this?

This is one of the reasons I didn't get rid of my old Shopsmith. Set it
up as a horizontal boring machine, and bore away.
Other functions, I use it for are, wood lathe, and scroll saw.
The 8" table saw function isn't quite as good as my old Unisaw!!
For the occasional use, it's worth keeping around.