Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Cost to install a new gas dryer (old one broke)

I had the gas company hook mine up. $115. I had removed the old one but
they would have done that at the same price. The old one was sitting in the
garage and they took it away. Sears delivered the dryer. After rebate
delivery was free. Near Raleigh NC.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My wife had a plumber come out to hook up a new gas dryer. We have an
old one that broke, so all the lines are in place, it is just a matter
of disconnecting the old one and connnecting the new. No extras, like
hauling away the old dryer. The cost blew me away:

Disconnect dryer: $164.24
Install gas dryer: $282.25
Total: $446.49

This seems absoutely insane to me. I would've done it myself, but
unlike water or electricity, gas scares me. Is this anywhere close to
reasonable, or should I make a stink?

We live in suburban Washington DC, Bethesda MD to be exact, if locality
matters for this sort of thing.

Thanks,

Mike.