Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] mjmwallace@gmail.com is offline

Default From the local paper...

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

.... Not much money ....:

How true. I was looking to buy a local furniture store. Guy gets his
stuff from distributors unpainted, then applies a markup for selling
the raw stuff and another if he has to paint it. Pine, some oak, very
functional not "high end". He told me he makes about $35k a year.
That's just himself, no help. I passed it up.

This guy says you could make $25 after 5 years, well he's been
in business a longer then that and has help, so he indicates. I also
think his business buys his trucks, supplies and tools. A lot of
overhead in workman's comp as well - I could imagine what
the claims are like for woodshop.

MJ Wallace