Posted to rec.woodworking
Par Par is offline

Default wannigan (canoe box) thoughts

Teamcasa :
I would make it from 12mm cypress, dovetailed corners,

I could not get cypress here for anything but silly money.

polyurethane/resorcinol/epoxy glue, with the bottom reinforced with brass
box corners.

No brass; I now I trade durability, but the canoe would take wear from
sharpish brass corners.

dovetailing will provide strength even if the glue fails.

True, dovetailing is probably the way to go. I was forgetting that,
since most of the versions I've seen on the net is either quick jobs
from plywood or "canoe" chests make like a section of a wood/canvas
canoe (you need a plug for that; overkill for a one shot project).

/Par

--
Par
"Don't think of it as being fired... think of it as leaving early to