Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Heat Recovery Ventilator

Hi Greg,

I have a Venmar HEPA 3000 model, which is rated for up to 3,000 sq.
ft. I'm very pleased with the performance of this product. I run
mine mostly in "recirc" mode as a way to distribute heat from my
ductless heat pump (located in the living room) throughout my home;
you could do the same with your wood stove.

See: http://www.venmar.ca/Product.aspx?productId=3

If you don't require this much capacity (it provides 105 cfm of fresh
air for a total of 270 cfm of filtered air), you could operate it on a
timer so that it runs only at set times of the day, e.g., three or
four hours in the morning and likewise in the early evening. Since it
is plugs into a standard wall outlet, an inexpensive lamp timer (e.g.,
the ones with the multiple pin settings) is all you need.

Cheers,
Paul

On 11 Oct 2006 06:14:01 -0700, "Greg" wrote:

I'm considering adding a Heat Recovery Ventilator to my 1200 sq.ft.
house heated by solar thermal with a wood stove backup. However, most
of these devices that I've found seem suited only for larger houses
(2500 sq.ft.). Can anybody recommend a good brand of 'mini' heat
recovery ventilators?

thanks,