Posted to alt.home.repair
bremen68 bremen68 is offline

Default Can grease fittings be clogged shut?

mm wrote:
Can grease fittings be clogged shut?

How does one get them to open up again, especially if it seems they
can't be removed or replaced?

I have two zerk fittings on the '69 Honda I'm trying to get to run,
and they seem to be clogged, but they have no flat sides and I think
they don't unscrew. Can they be clogged and how would I unclog them?

The last time they were greased ( 1)the clutch cable mechanism and 2)
the swing arms) was between 1969 and 1972.)

They can and they do... Last night I was going thru my Northern tool
catalog and saw just what you need... It's at:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...0974_200130974

Never used one, never knew one existed, but sounds like the item you
might want.

I appologize for not doing it as a link... I'm a little on the techno
challenged for that... If anyone cares to enlighten me about putting
links in to posts I'd be grateful...

Good luck with the fitting.