Posted to alt.home.repair
earlywagon earlywagon is offline

Default pvc thread connection leaks

I am having a problem sealing PVC pipe threads--male to female --I use pvc
male adaptors to pvc valves --and more than 50% of the time, the
connection leaks --I have tried pipe dope, rectro seal, teflon tape, over
tightening, and just barley tightening the fitting --this is quite
annoying since the joint must be redone --and there is no way of testing
it until all is hooked up --What I am sure of, is the teflon tape has the
most failures, while the rectro-seal has about 30% failure rate --any
suggestions for pvc to pvc thread joint leaks??