Posted to rec.woodworking

Default From the local paper...

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
When you are in business, your accountant always works the numbers within
the regulations to keep your taxable income as low as possible, while an
employed person does not have that advantage and pays tax on all that he
is paid.

One accountant said the proper consideration is not how much you are making
but how much you are TAKING from the business. I'm sure it is much tougher
now with new regulations, but many business owners don't buy cars, but the
business does. They don't take vacations, but do travel for seminars and to
meet customers.

I worked for a fellow that was on the board of directors for an industry
association. They were having a board meeting in the Bahamas. The agenda
for the meeting was "where shall we have next years meeting?"