Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ZZactly@aol.com is offline

Default Mitsubishi VS-4504CA - Hard green drive.

Shorted tube. Just hope it's an HK short. I can correct that.

Are you in Ohio or anywhere near ? I don't think anyone else can do it.
It entails first wrapping a transformer somewhere to get the floating
filament voltage, then there is a resistor and capacitor you need to
add to the CRT socket board.

Any techs out there listening to this ? Get this, to eliminate changes
when a CRT short intermitts, we have a resistor, about a 4.7K from the
offending cathode to the filament which is now floating. That will
cause a smear in the video of that color. The video output can't drive
all that wire, it acts as an antenna.

It can do it though, I generally find some emitter resistor somewhere
and put a small cap across it to re-equalize the circuit. And folks, if
you ever try this, do not touch the convergence. I mean it.,

I have the drawing of the good modification at work, but my scanner is
at home. I mean I have it drawn out in a schematic. IIRC Mitses video
outs are in a cascode configuration, and that's why the extra
capacitive load bothers them so much. Output impedance is very high.

IIRC it was a .047 and it went in the stage before the output. I will
have to dig that up.

JURB