geoff merryweather

Default smart layout for very small shop?

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:52:45 -0500, "mongke"
wrote:

hi all

Anybody got spiffy ideas about laying out a very small shop? I'm
constricted at 1.80 x 3.0 meters and cant expand it in the foreseable
future. I got OA torch, grinders, drill press, and sometime will get lathe
and mill (Gingery type). Mostly I'm worried whith the sparks form grinding
getting cozy with the OA rig. And just yesterday I got the grinder cable
eaten by the wire wheel. Momentary excitement plus workpiece landing in my
foot

Can you mount everything on castors and roll it outside to work? All
my machines (including a bl**dy heavy 24" thickness planer) are
mounted on castors so I can roll them into the middle of the shop to
take long stock.
How high is everything - don't forget the storage space above your
head with drop down boxes, etc
Geoff