Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default bought co detector, now where to put it?

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:03:25 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:42:39 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 20:19:50 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

ap wrote:

Hello,
After shopping around much, purchased a nighthawk digital for $33 from
wal-mart.
These are expensive and I'm wondering if the best placement would
be high in the hallway near the bedrooms. There are 3 bedrooms that are
occupied.

Is this a good idea?

Should it be directly under a vent?

Thanks much!

Hmmm,
$33.00 is expensive which may save your or yours' life sosmeday?

Nighthawk makes suggestions on where to place them. I really like the
digital readout.

A Digital readout allows you to recognize and correct a CO problem
before it gets bad enough to sound the alarm.

Yes, and you can tell if most of it is working or not.

They do have some sort of test device that releases CO when opened.
they're only the size of 4 nickles, or maybe 2 quarters, and I haven't
seen them retail iirc.

I have one in the kitchen, one in the utility room
in the basement, and one in the upstairs hallway. Our FD recommends
having a smoke/CO detector on every level.

BTW, I have a Nighthawk CO alarm (with digital display) that will be
10 years old next month. I guess it's time to replace it.