Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] nicklaforge@gmail.com is offline

Default Blank LCD

Hi,

My PC LCD display (Polyview V17E) has problems. I suspect either
damage due to poor heat disipation or poor quality is to blame. When I
give the screen power, the florecent light gives light for a second.
Then, the screen goes blank, but does not enter standby mode as it
should. Rather, it remains in "active" mode, but displays no image, no
matter what signal I give it. Sometimes, if I give it a signal for
half an hour (i.e., turn on the PC and come back much later) it
suddenly displays perfectly! However, when I stop the signal (i.e.,
turn off the PC) it goes in and out of "active" and standby mode
continuously, eventually staying in "active" mode continuously, and we
are back to square one. Lately, however, it hasn't been coming on at
all... just a blank screen, despite giving it a signal for hours....

Is there a likely suspect? (i.e., a part commonly replaced....) Thanks.