Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Clements Richard Clements is offline

Default too much of a good thing

Toller wrote:
"Richard Clements" wrote in message
a guy I work with is ripping out a cherry orchard to put in a golf course
and is tearing out most of the trees I've fill my truck 3 time so far with
8"-15" diameter logs 4'-6' long and there is still tons more, the real big
stuff can't load by my self so I haven't gotten it yet.

I am not sure I would bother with the 8" stuff. By the time you get past
the sapwood there won't be much left.

Every make lumber before? You are in for quite an adventure.

did a bunch of maple, willow, and cherry last spring, so now it's nice
and cured, the cherry turned out really nice, same with the maple, the
willow is so, so, wasn't expecting much but it was free but the labor
and if you stain it right it looks kinda like walnut, just not as heavy
or hard