Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

Default Ducal pine table, acid burn

wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
Pete C wrote:
On 9 Oct 2006 04:29:16 -0700,
wrote:

I have a newish Ducal pine dinner table which has an acid burn from
leaking alkaline radio batteries.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
It stopped affecting the wood shortly after I discovered it so it's not
getting any worse.
Appologies for calling it 'acid' but that seemed the easiest
description as some people don't realise how 'acidic like' (there I go
again) alkaline can be.
The patch is towards the bottom edge so I don't think I'll get away
with any inlays as features.
Ducal don't now manufacture in the UK and by all accounts they went to
asia somewhere followed by the quality apparently!!
As for insurance, I have considered that but I don't like to make small
claims (although this could turn out to be a whoppa) as eventually the
premiums go up. Still it's a option once I find out how much it will
cost.

Oh, the jewelers is also looking a good option. :-))

Cheers
Bob

inlay sounds like the obvious choice then. You'll need at least 2 so it
all looks symmetrical.

NT