Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Help! Cave cricket invasion!

Dry out the basement. That's all. If you have moist stagnant air in
any dark area then you will have camel crickets.

They are harmless. The poison you might spread around is not harmless.

For the ones you have now, get a cat.

-rev

techie guy wrote:
I have recently been invaded by cave crickets. I started noticing them
in my full, unfinished basement earlier this summer. I initially
tolerated them as I had seen only a few, but became a bit freaked-out
the other day when I saw about six on one of my basement walls. I have
since put down four glue traps, which have already caught several of
the ugly insects. I have also sucked-up several with my shop vac, but
they still keep coming out of nowhere.

Can anyone offer any further suggestions as to how I can get rid of
these pests for good? I would prefer not to use a fogger, but will if
necessary.
Thanks in advance.