Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Need opinions/ideas --- Bathroom remodeling

On 2006-10-10, bremen68 wrote:

They didn't do diddly to prep the drywall and just applied
wallpaper... I've read a few of the archived posts on this
topic... I'm thinking of going with the 2 heavy coats of oil based
primer over the paper to seal it, then using textured paint. Anyone
done this? What was your results?

I have not done this, but I have dealt with remodeling after the
previous owner did it. Removing the textured paint and wall paper was
a real bear. Don't do this to wall paper, remove it now.

We have hot water baseboard heat so having the fence stick out from the
walls isn't really going to be any loss of space since the heater
sections run almost the length of the outside wall too.

Will the extra projection from the wall interfere with the air flow
from the baseboard heat?

Cheers, Wayne