Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default 3way (DPDT) timer switches

Jack wrote:
Anyone have source for a timer switch that can be turned on/off from 2
locations?

I have a bathroom fan mounted in attic that services 2 bathrooms, would
like a timer in each bathroom that would only allow it to run for short
time, especially because it is very quiet, so it could be easily
forgotten about.

I believe that would be a DPDT timer switch??

Not really, you need two SPST switches but connected in parallel. I
must say that logical as it seems, I've never heard of such a
hookup.... any reasons why it wouldn't be feasible/safe/according to
code? You'd definitely want to hook them up to the same breaker, for
safety when you "turn the power off" to work on them........