Posted to rec.woodworking
bremen68 bremen68 is offline

Default 5" Magnifying Lenses : Looking for Design Ideas

snip
maybe a table top with
the lenses let into it, small enough so that kids can get thier hands
underneath to magnify stuff. Who knows. There's something there, just
haven't figured out what yet.
Your ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
John K.

Hi John, I like the idea of the table with the lenses in it... You
could make a "sandwich" so to speak... Make your table in 2 layers,
use a router to cut in area's to recess the lenses, matching recess on
top and bottom... Close them up to secure the lense and you can have an
area underneath to put stuff... .Hands, toys, interesting bits and
such.... I'm sure kids and adults would like it. You could make box
tops the same way I'd guess... That would make securing them easier too.