Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default 5" Magnifying Lenses : Looking for Design Ideas

On 9 Oct 2006 15:57:45 -0700, "jk" wrote:

I have 8 (maybe ten if I can find the other 2), 5" magnifying lenses.
The lenses come off of bench top light/magnifiers that are used for
assembly and inspection. When the light breaks, they toss the whole
thing in the dumpster. I scoffed the lenses. So, I'm looking for design
ideas that use the lenses. Incorporating them into a piece of furniture
for decorative purposes, maybe a lawn sculpture, maybe a table top with
the lenses let into it, small enough so that kids can get thier hands
underneath to magnify stuff. Who knows. There's something there, just
haven't figured out what yet.
Your ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
John K.

I you happen to have a lathe, there are a LOT of things you can use them for...

I've used CD's and Hard disk drives as box lids and bowl covers... both would be
very cool with your lenses... put tiny beads or potpourri in the bottom and it
would look HUGE until you took the lid off..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis