Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Aiwa NSX 999 Service manual

"Jazzer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone tell me of a URL where I could download a Service Manual for
Aiwa NSX-999 compact disc stereo system.I have downloaded circuit
diagrams only to find they do not match the unit although listed as
NSX-999.
My model has two FL displays on the front, shown as FL500 & FL501.( one
being a separate Graphic Equalizer display) The circuit I have shows
only a FL200 yet page is headed NSX-999.

Identification No. on mainboard is 83-NF6-622-199 with HEHR, and on
front board 83-NF6-611-219.
Help appreciated. Jazzer.

Presumably, you are still having trouble getting the displays to work ? Did
you determine if
the -30v was present ? You can measure it up at the front panel by checking
between chassis and any of the VFD heater pins, as the low AC which
energises the heaters, is 'floated' on the negative supply to reduce the
voltage differentials within the display. If the -30v is missing, it will be
one of the multiplier caps open, and these are easy to locate without a
schematic, if you have access to a scope, or even at a pinch an AC meter.

Arfa