Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Findley Jeff Findley is offline

Default usual floppy drive breakdown?

"Michael Black" wrote in message
And the far lower costs (I paid hundreds of dollars for my first drive
in 1984, even about five years later they'd dropped considerably, and
I have no clue how much they cost since I have so many spare drives from
scrapped computers) means that few really keep track of how floppy
drives fail now. They just replace the drive, and that's it.

They're still pretty cheap, but eventually, I figure they'll go up in price
since so few new PC's even have a floppy drive anymore. But I'm like you,
I've got enough spare floppy drives that I don't worry about this anymore.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)