Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default What is this holed sheet or mesh?

"jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
The mesh I'm thinking of is the grey zinc plated type of flat sheet
which is covered in diagonal rows of holes, each maybe around

1/8in/3mm
dia, punched in it.

You used to see it used over things like larder windows where a
reasonable barrier against bugs, but also ventilation, was needed.

Extruded mesh will not do, as my application needs a flat sheet

without
bumps and a lower proportion of hole space than you find with normal
mesh.

I need a piece min size around 250mm x 400mm but larger ideally.

Could
maybe join 2 smaller pieces if no other way.

Anyone know what this mesh is called?

Any suggestions as to possible sources please?

TIA

The stuff on larders was perforated zinc sheet ( ie not galvanised
steel) however perforated galvanised sheet sheel is available from
these people but is not cheap:

http://www.isg-steel.co.uk/

I needed several 8' x 4' sheets to make a sound deadening louvre
assembly last year for my generator and found an advertiser on ebay
selling offcuts in Milford Haven who cut my bits to size and shipped
them across the country for less than half the price of buying from
the stockholder who is local to me!

AWEM