Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Refinishing a Hard Wood Floor

the whole messy thing at once. 4 coats of polyurethane applied per
manufacturer's specifications. you will be leaving home for a vacation
this whole week to allow drying time between coats.

Dr. Edmund M. Hayes wrote:
I live in a home that has beautiful hard wood floors but over the
years there are some spots in heavy traffic areas that need to be
refinished.
Is it possible to do one area at a time or should we have the entire
level done at once.
The home is fully furnished and I can't imagine how we would move
everything out of the house while the floors were being refinished.

Lastly, what is the best (longest lasting) finish that can be applied.

Thanks