Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein Bill Rubenstein is offline

Default Very OT A bad first experience with buying in cyberspace. :(

Arch:

You are in the driver's seat. Tell your Mastercard issuer to charge it
back. They will probably tell you to send a letter but more and more,
that is no longer necessary if you explain it over the phone. They may
already have an alert on that merchant.

They will have to credit you immediately. Then the vendor has something
like a month to prove that you really received the printer and owe the
money. If they can't, you will win the dispute. BTW, it makes no
difference whether you paid the bill with the charge or not.

Credit card companies do not like merchants with multiple charge backs
and will drop them. Then, they pass their company's name around so that
other merchant systems avoid them. But, there is a way -- they just
reopen under a different name. We can slow them down, though, if we
make enough noise.

I canceled my agreement with an internet hosting company but they kept
charging me the $7.95/month anyway. After many emails from me which
they ignored, I started charging them back. I felt stupid making a
federal case over the small amount but it worked.

Good luck and have fun with it. As I said, with credit cards you are in
the driver's seat.

Bill

Arch wrote:
Recently I needed to print some personal WebTv email. Parallel printers
are hard to find so against my better judgement, I ordered a rebuilt
HP692c from 'High Tech Office', a mom & pop company in East Amherst near
Buffalo, N.Y. and prepaid with Mastercard on 9/13/06. They gave me a
UPS ground tracking number. UPS has info re the shipping being ordered,
but nothing re its being sent. The seller doesn't answer repeated emails
and phone calls. Probably the printer was never shipped and I've been
suckered.

I will notify Master Card and I would appreciate any other suggestions
as what I might do, if anything other than learn my lesson. Also any
tips re an old WebTv compatible parallel printer from a reliable source?
TIA.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter