Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jeffmorgan@gmail.com is offline

Default Poor Drywall Installation - Need Advice Please

I paid a drywall installer to hang and mud drywall in large den.
Paneling was up before (which I removed). I needed it done in a hurry
before I had my hardwoods refinished. After some searching, I was able
to find a company that was able to do the work.

They finished, I paid, and I felt good about getting it done in my
timeframe. HOWEVER - - after a closer inspection under the right
light, the rush job was not such a good idea on my part. I discovered
the following.

- humps on many of the seams
- valleys on some of the seams
- some wavy areas

My questions:

1. Can this be repaired 2-3 weeks after the work was done?

2. Should I accept the fact that I needed a rush job, and got an
expected result?

3. Should I attempt to repair this myself, or bring the contractor back
out?

4. Am I able to bring him back out even though I already paid?

5. How do you fix the humps on the seams? Sand 'em out, or re-mud
first?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,