Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Upgrading Bathroom Exhaust Fan with 3 inch ducts

"Remi" wrote in

I think you can get an adaptor that will connect the 4" to the 3". It
will make the fan a little louder than it should be, but if you buy a
good quality quiet fan it will be a lot quieter than the cheap one you
have now. Have you checked out the Panasonice "Whisper" fans? They're
the wuietest (and most energy efficient) on the market. They're
expensive, but good. Good luck.

"Steven" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade the cheap builder installed exhaust fans in
my bathrooms. They are incredibly loud.
I can find lots of nice quiet ones, but they all required 4 inch (or
greater) ducts. The only 3 inch duct vents I can find are...cheap
and loud.

Does anyone know of a decent fan that will work with 3 inch ducts?

Thanks
Steven

Yea I picked up an hard plastic adapter for a buck or two at the Borg.

When I got the fan, I noticed they had a noise rating on the boxes or
display.