Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Unbreakable pipe (freeze proof)

Gravity fed. The water is suppose to go from point A to point B when
it is not froze. If it was cracked it would leak underground at that
point and cause a bog.

Is it gravity fed to open air? In that case, most times it
will be empty anyway. It will only freeze up when the
underground part (or downhill end) is below freezing when
the water supply isn't.

There is no downhill end. It is horizontal and will have standing
water in it.

Unless the end is plugged, even if it's cracked, water should
prefer flosing in the pipe to working it's way out into the ground.
You'd get enough to encourage root-growth in that direction,
but you shouldn't get a bog.

The present system makes a bog. That is why I need a pipe that will
not break.

Unless you just like to see a lot of posts, don't make
us pry the relevent details out of you. Where are you?
(What climate). Where is the water coming from,
and how much of it is there? Where are you trying to
get the water to go? What's the intervening terrain?
Is there power available?

--Goedjn

This post is an attempt to see if there are any realistic solutions
to an existing broken drain pipe system. This is not my system but
my uphill neighbors system. If I can come up with an easy solution
for his water drainage system it will end my water bogged back yard.
If not I will have to go to court to get it solved, but for now I am
just looking for an easy way for my neighbor to fix his problem.