Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Forstner bits.

On Oct 9, 5:32 pm, "Rick M"
wrote:
Hey Rob,

Hiya Rick!

Buy GOOD bits, and _only_ the ones you need. The urge to get the "free" box
with the set is strong ... resist it you must!

I'm checking off the ones I want from the LeeValley catalogue...HSS. I
have the important one (35 mm) in carbide already. Paid stupid money
for it out of the Hafele catalogue. Mind you, it has drilled thousands
of hinge-cups in justabout every kind of material and is still just
fine.

BTW, how's your Sis?

So kind of you to ask. She had some setbacks but battled her way
through. Then she had a 7 hour operation on her neck after which there
has been sufficient improvement for her to go home next Thursday. She's
not walking yet but has again taken up her first love; painting. The
improvements over the last 3 weeks has been nothing short of
remarkable. She buzzes around in her chair now and ramps have been
built around the house so she'll be able to feed herself, watch her new
flatscreen and she will be on-line soon.
We are all very encouraged. Her spirits are very high.