Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default bought co detector, now where to put it?

Mark wrote:

"ap" wrote...

Hello,
After shopping around much, purchased a nighthawk digital for $33 from
wal-mart.
These are expensive and I'm wondering if the best placement would
be high in the hallway near the bedrooms. There are 3 bedrooms that are
occupied.

by the way...the inside of a heat exchanger is under positive pressure
from the blower...

if it should crack, air would blow out of it, it would not pull CO in

but bad stuff can happen and a CO detector is a very good idea...

Mark

Hmmm,
Inside heat exchanger, there is burning flame,blown air is passing the
outside sucking up the gas thru the crack. Am I wrong?