Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default bought co detector, now where to put it?

Toller wrote:

"ap" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hello,
After shopping around much, purchased a nighthawk digital for $33 from
wal-mart.
These are expensive and I'm wondering if the best placement would
be high in the hallway near the bedrooms. There are 3 bedrooms that are
occupied.

I put mine in the basement near the floor. Only my water heater or furnace
could make CO, and I would rather find out about it when there was CO in the
basement than when it hit the bedrooms.

No alarms in 5 years.

Hi,
Actually I have two, one in the basement, one in the upstairs.
My house is two story.