Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default How do I know if a circuit breaker is bad in my house?

Some one disconnected the feed to the room in question. You'll have to
trace it back from the room, perhaps using one of the buzzer devices
that you pick up on a close by radio.

DaGoodest wrote:
I have one room in my entire house that has lost power. The overhead
lights do not work and neither do any of the outlets. I have reset all of
the circuit breakers in the box by cycling the off then back on. Of
course, this did not work. Further, I removed the cover panel to ge to
the exposed wires and I used a test light on all of the wired to ensure
that I had power going to then. all of them gave me a light, so I know
that I have power going to each circuit. All of the other power sources
in the house are fine, except for this one particular room. I have rest
all GFI outlets in the house.

One problem that I have is that I am unable to determine which breaker is
for this room. The panel is NOT clearly listed for this particular
bedroom.

Any suggestions from here?