Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Water level in the toilet bowl

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:43:20 +0100, Fatboise
wrote:

|The plumber recently installed two toilets in my house which, after they
|were installed, I noticed that there was a rim on the toilet bowl whih
|seems to indicate where the water level should be. I mentioned this to
|the plumber and asked if there was a way of adjusting the level of the
|water and he said that there wasn't. He siad that the level of the
|water is dictated by the height of the outlet at the back of the
|toilet. I myself find this hard to believe because the rim on the
|toilet bowl is there for a reason, plus it always looks ....wrong or
|something.
|
|Any advice on how the level can be adjusted would be greatly
|appreciated.

The level of water in the bowl is set by the shape of the S bend at the
back, by the manufacturer. Adjusting the shape of the S bend is neither
practical nor advisable. Do nothing, the Manufacturer manufactures to some
standard, BS, or ISO which I have not looked up.