Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default getting insulation for self install

On 8 Oct 2006 18:21:27 -0700, "Tater" wrote:

I plan on getting a roll of insulation at a time and start insulating
my garage.

Why a roll at a time?, i'm broke actually i have a lot of othert
things to do and a real tight budget so my plan is to buy a bag of
mortar, a roll of insulation, and maybe a couple of other things every
weekend and install them. mortar for fixing up the feildstone basement
thats been neglected, and insulation for the garage and maybe parts of
the basement as needed, other things for same reasons.

anyway, what to buy? garage looks like it has 18" rafters and stud
walls. roof currently leaks when it rains (hence the other stuff)

I am thinking of fiberglass insluation, but can be swayed by good
advice(note: my car can't carry 4x8 sheet of anything)

Ignore all other maintenance problems until you get the
leaking roof under control. You can't afford to divert
the resources to other projects just to feel like you're
doing something.