Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Attempt at hdd data recovery

hmm.. well I guess its a lost cause.

- Mike

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Michael Kennedy wrote:

opening a modern hard drive will cause it to fail almost immediately.

Not true but it increases the risk of that. Running it after opening
outside of a clean room is very risky.

Yeah but if the data isn't very valuable its worth the fun of trying if I
can get a spare hdd for cheap or free. The hardest part is getting the
un
crashed heads off the other hdd without destroying them. I'm not too
worried
about losing a few dozen megs of data due to random dust particles.

- Mike

Those random dust particles will destroy both the head, and the
media.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell