Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car door mirror heating pads

In article ,
Tony Williams wrote:
Not enough room. The mirror is glued to a back plate which has a
cutout for the heating element and that cutout is only about 1mm
deep. There would be room for resistance wire, but making such a
thing doesn't appear easy. While etching a PCB type will be - if
I can find a source of the material I've mentioned.

Sounds like a bit of a no-hoper Dave. All the cars
I've had recently have heated the wing mirrors by
piping some of the warm air from the passenger
compartment vents, through the door, and out behind
the mirror. Would that be an easier mod?

Interesting. Difficult to do on this car as the mirror is mounted on the
window frame so not much space for an air tube of an adequate size -
although it does have air ducted into the doors for side window demisting.

I've had a quote from a US firm to make the required elements in silicone.

They'd cost 6.30 gbp each - but with a one off tooling charge of 250 gbp.

--
*Beware - animal lover - brakes for pussy*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.