Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Back support for drywall patch

According to Paul :

I prefer slightly more substantial bracing behind my drywall repairs,
and I prefer to have them securely screwed in place.

I use 1x2s or 2x3s and drywall screws. In some places, I use
special screws. They have a thin perforated washer that looks like
a cross between a crown/dimple washer and a fender washer.
About 1" in diameter. When driven home, they're practically flush.

They're carried in various places. Lee Valley has them. I suspect
the borg now does too.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est