Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default Rhetorical question

Al Bundy wrote:
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in
:

Hugh Glass wrote:
I live in a two story house. The water heater is in the basement.
When I turn on the tub faucet in the morning I can hear the pitch
change when the hot water finally comes through.

Anyone care to guess why?

I thought it was a rhetorical question.

Well, I always took rhetorical as meaning a question with no answer or only
one answer. So maybe it's a quiz or something :-)

Don't own a dictionary? It amazes me how many
people can't find the 2 minutes to look up a word
in the dictionary. Even more amazing is that some
people don't own a dictionary. My home and the
home I grew up in always had at least 2
dictionaries and most of the time 4 or 5 dictionaries.

Ok. A rhetorical question is one that has the
purpose of eliciting an effect and not an answer.
Many people use "big" words that they don't
know what they mean. They are seldom embarrassed
when someone points out the meaning and usually
just bluster about. I only point out the meaning
because you are not the OP.