Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Attempt at hdd data recovery

Theres nothing really important on there. My friend dropped their laptop and
they didn't have their photos backed up on cd's. I read an article about
doing this yourself, and thought what the heck, it might be kind of fun,
even if it didn't work.

Here is the website
http://hddguru.com/content/en/articl...stack-Q-and-A/

- Mike

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Michael Kennedy" writes:

Anybody know where I can find a 60gb Hitachi Travelstar model
IC25N060ATMR04-0 hard drive so that I can replace the heads in one that
was
dropped while running?

Honestly I don't even know that I can get the heads out without screwing
them up, but I figure it is worth a shot if I can find one of these
drives
someone is going to junk due to bad electronics.

Forget it, no way.

If the data is that important, send it to a professional data recovery
service. About all you'll succeed in doing is making it impossible for
any hope of any recovery at all. Period.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included
in the