L Reid

Default Building Warrants - Buying Flat Without

You fancy popping up to have a look at these windows then?!!! Hehe will get
back to them at the weekend methinks.

Leigh

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"L Reid" wrote in message
The full story (or rather, the original post). Flat is in Edinburgh, for

the
purpose of locality legislation. Fortunately, the district council has

lots
of info on this on their web site.

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone out there been through the same stuff can advise.

Buying an upper colony flat (abbeyhill - not conservation area I think)

and
currently at 'exchange the missives' stage. However, their solicitor

wants
to remove the clauses requiring them to produce building warrants for

the
double glazing and a possible change of bathroom room. I suspect this is

cos
they dont have them.

Can I get these building warrants 'post works'? If so, how much do they
cost? What's the best / worst scenarios that can happen? Can they

(council
planning dept) force the windows to be replaced with single glazed

units?
Don't really want to walk away from this as it's a nice flat, but not so
nice if it's going to cost us £20K to get the legal shenanigans sorted

out.

Thanks,

Leigh

Have you had a look through this site:

http://www.highland.gov.uk/plintra/d..._questions.htm

It has all the questions and answers I think you'll need.

Good Luck with it Leigh.

I'm in Sunny Leith, so I know which part of the town your flat is in.

Only
restrictions I know of in Abbeyhill are car parking ones. :-))

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com