Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael White Michael White is offline

Default Stainable Wood Filler

Happiness is wrote:

I hope this post doesn't post twice. I tried to post it, but my machine
rebooted and so I am going to try to post this again.

I have been building some furnature and am in need of some stainable wood
filler.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get or make stainable wood filler.

I have bought the Elmer's stainable, but it doesn't.

I have tried other brands and they don't seem to work either.

Can any one tell me how to mix glue (what type) and sawdust to make a good
filler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Larry

Larry,

I've had good results from a wood filler they sell at Home Depot. I don't
remember the brand, but it comes in a short yellow tube. It does a fairly
decent job of soaking up the stain close to what oak does. I've used it on
a cabinet and a bookcase.
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer