Posted to uk.d-i-y
NikV NikV is offline

Default Adhesive for camera lens cap

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message .. .
Trying to repair a small camera lens cap (black plastic Nikon, but can't
see any code identifying the type of plastic). What's broken is the small
plastic loop to which the retention cord attaches. I have 2 types of
epoxy and super glue available. Don't want to spoil things by using the
wrong glue for starters.

Any advice please.

Thanks

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

this happened on our nikon coolpix e800 just drilled another hole (1.6mm)
on the cheek of broken loop and used a braided nylon loop in black (and
smoothed of the broken part of the loop - lasted until the camera broke 3
years later :-)

--