Posted to alt.home.repair
Buster Chops Buster Chops is offline

Default Well Problem

Possible issues:

a). Well is dry .. or pump needs to be lowered ....
b). Punp is clogged .... sediment etc may be affecting, though likely not
c). Sediment is affecting your pressure tank bladder.

"laura" wrote in message
ups.com...
The water trickled off last night. (Our well is about 8 years old)
After the water went off, we heard a lot of gurgling sounds like the
water was still trying to come through. Throughout the night last
night we could hear sounds of gurgling and surging as the pressure
fluctuated. Upon turning on the shower this morning, it ran for about
10 seconds and trickled off again. Toilets are still flushable, but
makes the sound like there is a lot of air in the lines and brings in a
great deal of sediment.

Does this sound like our well has run dry? Does it sound like it may
be the pump? Please advise ASAP as we are not able to use our water at
this time.

Thanks for your help.
Laura