Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Drips and splatter

wrote:
Lobster wrote:
wrote:
Hi all,

I've been adding to my newly-decorated flat with a projector screen
painted on the wall (
http://www.goosystems.co.uk). I'm not an
experienced decorator (as you'll see .

All was fine until I painted the black border. I was a bit haphazard,
and there are a few splatters / drips of black on my matt mocha wall
and gloss white skirting board! I've left it to dry rather than trying
to get fancy while it's wet.

What's the best way to rectify? Just get a really small brush and
paint over the black bits? Sand the black bits? Both? What about
trying to scrape them off with a Stanley blade?

What sort of paint is the black stuff? oil/water based?

Not sure, it's Ultra Black as at:
http://www.goosystems.co.uk/products.php

Well, did the instructions say to clean your brush in water or turps?
Whether it's oil- or water-based might help with deciding how to proceed...

Is there any way I can find out?
How recently was the redecorating done - do you have any of the mocha
stuff left over?

Very, and I sure do.

....howewver, the above being the case, I'd say your solution is a
no-brainer, just paint over it. As the decorating is recent, and you
have more paint from the same batch, there shouldn't be any evidence of
a junction between the old and the new... if they are chunky dry drips
of black paint then you'd want to sand them flat first, otherwise
they'll still show through. And try to 'feather' the edge of the area
you paint rather than make a definite edge - will help make it less visible.

David