Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default I've got router dovetail jig a while ago but

Richard Downing wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
If your looking for one this is the cheapest I've seen so far,looks
like this is new as I don't remember Axminster slelling this one?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...C&pf_id=21752&

Don't waste your money on these kind of jigs. This is the best buy in
dovetail jiggery if you can't afford a proper Leigh:

http://www.stots.com/tm.htm

Axminster do them.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/2/p...Master-21975.h
tm

You can make a cheap jig of any length with it out of 18mm MDF.

R.

But you have to work out how deep to go with that 18GBP piece of plastic
and use extra clamps to clamp it to the worktop.

I suppose really if you buy the one I posted the same process could be done
by unscrewing the 6mm aluminium template off the dovetail jig.

Nah! I'll stick to the one I have. Ta

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite