Default Feeding cables in 20mm round conduit

David wrote:
(Andy Hide) wrote in message om...
I am wiring a light up in the garage and adding a double socket and
have decided to use 20mm round conduit to house the cabling.

On a separate note, I am currently wiring up the power circuits to my
garage/workshop. I was just intending to surface mount the cables
using normal cable clips - is that OK? Or is it mandatory (or just
advisable?) to use conduit? Even up in the rafters of the garage
where most of the cables will run?

Surface clipped wiring is OK except where it might be susceptible to
mechanical damage. In a garage/workshop wiring out of the normal
working areas can be just clipped but I think it should be protected
(mini trunking or whatever) when it runs close to benches etc.

--
Chris Green )