Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Harry Mr Harry is offline

Default B&Q Solar

wrote:
Mr Harry
Thanks for your response.

How refreshing to see facts rather than rants.

Now I'm keen to have a look at B&Q's deal.
It seems worth a consideration.
I'm keen to incorporate some value panels with a design I've been
planning for some time.

If you boast any skills in DIY/plumbing/electrics/common-sense a good
deal
will be apparent!

I'm not sure it's a "good deal" as such.

Yes, I haven't seen anything comparable for cheaper so in that respect
it is a good deal. However, B&Q will (Presumably) sell thousands of
these units meaning they will probably be cheaper in a year of two.

So...is the better deal to buy now and start saving on gas or wait a
couple of years until the system is cheaper but pay higher gas bills in
the meantime?

Similar happened when B&Q started selling fixed air conditioning units.
They were originally on sale for £1200 odd. Now, five or so years
later, they can be had for around £500.

Harry