Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Harry Mr Harry is offline

Default Car door mirror heating pads

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Just as an update having seen some different makes, it appears some are
made out of copper clad Kapton, which is a thin flexible plastic sheet,
suitable for high temperatures, made by DuPont. The copper cladding is
etched into the element - rather like a PCB - and then laminated with a
second layer of plain Kapton. This sounds like it would be suitable for a
small production run - I know of several others who'd like replacement
elements. I've found a couple of suppliers of this stuff in the UK but not
had any replies to my e-mails.

If there is sufficient space withing the mirror housing, mount a
couple of 12v bulbs in there. You will probably need to paint the bulbs
to prevent the light coming around the edge of the miorror glass.

harry