Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chainsaws...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
I need to buy a chainsaw, wondered if the collective had any
thoughts on the STIHL brand? (I'm looking at the MS210 model
if that makes any difference)

Wouldn't get any other. Easy starters, very powerful and well made bits
of kit.

Also try and use stihl 2 stroke oil. It is good enough to be used in low
concentrations so much less smoke.

Get plenty of chain oil - mine needs a tank of that every other tank of
'petroil'..and get a spare chain, cos then you always can have a sharp
spare.

This is just for cutting logs & stuff for home use, nothing much
more. I already have a little B&D electric one, but it's not much use
in the middle of a wood. It's also a bit old and really needs a new
chain (cheaper than a new saw, but since I need something a bit more
portable...)

Cheers,

Gordon